SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19696889

What type of system for 5 small beds?

14 years ago

Hello, I'm am hoping to try my first ever sprinkler or drip system in my little garden. I'm looking for advice on what would be the best type of system for my particular garden, and what brand.

My garden consists of 5 small beds, each outlined with rocks. The straight edge of the garden marks where the land starts to slope toward a fence. I will have a hose running from the house that will have 2 connections (to the left of the peonies), one for the sprinkler/drip system, one with an additional 25' hose for watering my nearby asparagus.

I like to mix my veggies and ornamentals, and as you can see, I don't really do rows. The x's you see are small perennials such as chives and ajuga, or small annuals such as parsley and nasturtium.

Any and all advice would be appreciated, as I am overwhelmed with the options! On one hand I like the idea of a drip system, but worry that I will cheap out or tire of the set up and not get every plant. I've thought of a series of 5 small sprinklers, but worry about the cost of 6' hoses and I hate cheap hoses that leak. Plus, would big bushy things like the zucchini block the water too much. I also don't like to overspray with sprinklers, so thus far, I have always watered these beds by hand. So, my requirements are: somewhat inexpensive, easy, not wasteful.

Doable?

Thanks in advance,

Amy

{{gwi:327179}}

Comments (13)