SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bberna4

pumping water from creek

bberna4
15 years ago

hello all,

having no previous experience with either pumps or irrigation systems i was hoping to get some info about the system that was once viable on a piece of land that i have purchased. unfortunately the previous owner died years ago and his son who sold the place was not around to know the in and outs of the system. here are a few things that i do know however: the water source is a creek that is 75' below a jet pump that is hooked up to a 30-40 gallon pressure tank; the pipes coming from the creek are two 2" pvc schedule 40 with what appears to be some sort of awkward looking filter perhaps; in a note that i found it said that a foot valve should be installed in the creek. for this type of application what would be the correct way to get this system running again? should there be a filter in the creek or one that that leaves the pump? does the foot valve connect to the 2" pipe in the creek? will the pressure tank automatically "take" once the pump is primed? i know these must be sophomoric questions but i'm somewhat lost. thanks in advance for any and all help, benton

Comments (6)