SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thorspippi_z_9b

Am I planning this drip system right?

thorspippi
19 years ago

I'm a newbie. Have never had my own yard before. Last year's gardening attempts were a total bust because the flower beds aren't covered by the watering system and I wasn't able to water until evening (work nights) so the slugs & snails just ate everything in only a couple of days--even with nightly slug hunts and beer traps.

So I'm putting in an automated drip system (with pressure compensating drippers because of the slope) just on the beds (for now) so I can water in the morning. I'm planning on planting mostly perennial herbs (rosemary, lavender, thyme, oregano, etc) with a few annual edibles (basil, purslane, dandelion).

I'm crossing the walkway *on top* (in a rather deep seam) because I want my dad or dad-in-law to supervise putting it under the walkway. But neither will here until fall.

Do you agree with this layout? (attached, if I did it right). The green marks are where I'll need to use Tees and Elbows to go over the brick walls. No drippers this year in the faucet bed cuz it's deep shade and I haven't decided what to put there yet.

Comments (2)