SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loger1_gw

Share "Good Experiences" with Small Electric Hydraulic Log Splitt

loger_gw
9 years ago

Please Share "Good Experiences" with Small Electric Hydraulic Log Splitters. We have tons of firewood to harvest due to a recent storm in North, TX. That means My Resting Log splitter is in high demand but I'm not. I do not loan major equipment w/o being directly involved start to finish to protect my friend and equipment. My 9-12 Ton Electric Hydraulic Log Splitter is more than my friend needs IMO.

His newer Metal Insert Type Fireplace is small requiring his wood to be small but he brings it in too large. Due to a grate we built, I would estimate he is limited to a load in the fireplace, 14" W X 12" H X 12" D at the most. Which means he should adapt to his "Body As I Have" and not bring any wood home over 12" dia. Length is not the issue vs splitting. I would like to suggest to him a small splitter that will handle logs 14"L X 12" Dia W/O hesitating splitting. Even if he has to make a 4" leverage cut in the ends to help the splitter.

This would save hauling my splitter and me for a Day Of Labor vs him splitting a few hrs over weeks. I feel if the price is right and the performance is good, his feelings will be OK. I have seen Gas splitters from Home Depot Rental that are slow like my Electric. I have seen small electric splitter people were lined up returning to one store after a storm.

Comments (4)