SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kitnguye_gw

Newbie questions re: pro install of sprinkler system

kitnguye
19 years ago

Hi all:

I appreciate any help you irrigation experts can give me. I have read through most of the postings over the past 10 pages regarding installation of a sprinkler system. I just have a couple questions:

1. Aside from the initial installation cost, what other costs can I anticipate? Do most people pay to have some kind of annual/semi-annual maintenance done? How much, in general, does maintenance run and can it be done by my hubby or myself?

2. I have read that some people get anywhere between a 1-year to 5-year warranty with their installation...Do most of you find a 1-year warranty to be sufficient?

3. How much regular oversight is needed? We expect to be travelling for 5 months soon and our neighbor can program and do some minor oversight, but I would hate to inconvenience her if regular oversight was necessary. Basically, once you have it installed and programmed, can you count on it to be pretty self-sufficient for 4-6 months?

4. I tried to find some data regarding any appreciable value added to the home, but was unable to do so. So, in your opinion(s), does having a sprinkler system actually add appreciation to your home value? Somebody told me you can just add the cost to your selling list price, but I am unsure if she is just blowing smoke up my @ss. :)

5. Finally, just in case any of you are in Savannah, GA, do you have any recommendations for installers? ;)

Sorry about such a long post. Again I appreciate all your advice!

KIm

Comment (1)