SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
west9491

walmart bagged compost problem???

west9491
15 years ago

my wife brought home a bunch of composted manure/organic matter from walmart the other day. i'm not sure about this, but i thought when it was completely composted it didn't stink anymore, well this stuff does, as a matter of fact we went to walmart yesterday and we were parked about 2 rows away from all the soil sand mulch etc. that they sell, well, the wind was kinda blowin from that direction towards us and it seemed like the whole parking lot reeked of that smell, i saw people far away from me with the look of stink of their face.

and my last evidence is that wife piled up a bunch of the compost bags in my truck and left em there, they sat overnight in big rain, but it was when i took them off the truck to go to work i noticed that they were all warm bettween layers, something else i though compost wouldn't do if finished.

now i know that walmart probably doesn't make anywhere near the best quality compost but what do you think about it...is it done or are we buying a load of fresh crap (literally)

Comments (6)