SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sherilynn_gw

outrage with bagged cypress mulch from walmart

sherilynn
14 years ago

It was time to mulch this year and I bought about four hundred bags of mulch from Wal Mart. I have bought shredded pine bark mulch by the dump truck from the local nursery guy for the past three years, since we built our home, but this year, I wanted to lighten up the look around our home and make it easier on ourselves and buy bagged mulch, so I bought the Light Cypress Mulch from WalMart; of which I still have about SIX UNOPENED BAGS.

Well, I didn't really have a 'weed' problem before I mulched, I was just getting bare, because the shredded mulch was so fine it breaks down to soil fast. It was time to spruce up the yard for spring. You put out mulch so you don't have weeds, well this mulch GROWS WEEDS! That's all we'ved done since we've put it out! I have NEVER, EVER seen the KINDS of weeds in my yard or beds before we used this mulch. I KNOW these strange, invasive weeds have come from this mulch. I know it. We HAVE BEEN INVADED BY SOME DAMN KIND OF MIMOSA WEED that has grown my the thousands, if not hundreds of thousands... AND THERE'S NOT A MIMOSA TREE NEAR ME. I found the weed on VPI's website.

Plus, some other 18" taller weeds that I've NEVER had... and they are growing faster than ANYTHING I HAVE EVER SEEN. I can't get rid of this stuff without killing everything around my plants. My yard is jacked up!!!!! We went on vacation and came back and I just wanted to CRY. I can't believe it.

Furthermore, I was chaperoning at a highschool pool party yesterday and telling some of the other mothers of my dilemma and the stories came out. There are others that have been inundated by letters from their HOA's about their noxious weeds growing in their beds and GUESS WHERE THEY GOT THEIR CYPRESS MULCH? They've got the EXACT weeds I have and they are not your ordinary weeds. They are uncommon to our area.

I'm thinking of having my bags of mulch tested and suing this company if they are full of seeds. I KID YOU NOT. I AM OUTRAGED. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE. MY YARD IS RUINED. MY SUMMER RUINED. AND MY BEDS ARE RUINED. Thousands of dollars of hard work is literally ruined.

This crap is tiny, invasive, and I cannot begin to tell you how expensive and time consuming it has become to get this $hit out of 1.4 acres.

What would YOU do? I am POSITIVE THIS MULCH IS THE CULPRIT. POS-I-TIVE. Something has to be done and it's going to cost a lot of money and someone is going to pay.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mimosa Weed

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!