SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sammy_gw

Warm-up for gardening

sammy zone 7 Tulsa
14 years ago

At first I wondered if this was on topic, but it is since most of us do not hire people to work in our gardens, but we do the work ourselves.

A few weeks ago while I was working outside, I reached around the air conditioner, and heard a pop around my ribs. It was a muscle. I asked one of our football coaches, and he said that was one of the injuries that is seen the most. He said "I HAD NOT WARMED UP."

Do you warm up? Do you do anything special? Obviously that is something I need to do more, but it seems that if I gently work into the gardening, it should not be necessary. (I am not too young, anymore.)

I doubt if any of you want to take the time to say exactly what you do, but it would be interesting to know. After 3 weeks of daily rain, then sudden heat, my yard has gone crazy with pollen and mold. Yesterday I used about 6 containers of Round Up, then last night, I sneezed about 10 times, and re-hurt that muscle. It will be fine, but it makes me mad that after a long period of not carrying anything heavy, that I carted that tank all over our yard. (We have a huge area in the back for flood control, that gets to be a jungle if I am not careful.)

I would be interested in knowing what you do if anything, especially if you think it is becoming an age requirement to always warm up. LOL

Sammy

Comments (11)