SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angelcub_gw

Warm zoners - 8,9,10 - What's UP in your gardens?

angelcub
17 years ago

Our weather has been so delightful this entire week that it's hard not to be out doing something in the gardens. Yesterday I spent the entire afternoon, from noon until 4 p.m., cleaning up several beds, mostly weeding and finalizing the shape of a new bed. While doing this I noticed so many things popping through the moist earth. The violas are putting on a show everywhere they can, as are the CA. poppies. The muscari and daffs are several inches tall, while a few tulips have come back on the north side of the house. The lambs ear is greening up and so is the variegated oregano. All the trees are budded but I'm especially excited to see those on the apricots and blueberries. The primroses in their easter colors are sprinkled about, some appearing in beds I don't recall planting them in so they must have journeyed there on their own.

But my favorite signs of new growth are of course of the delphiniums and on the roses. I can hardly wait to see the pinkish-apricot blooms of Day Breaker smiling warmly next to their perfect companions, the blue magic fountain delphs . . . soon!

So what's UP in your gardens? : )

Comments (29)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!