SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robiniaquest

Best pink Austin climber?

robiniaquest
17 years ago

Can anyone recommend a pink Austin for a 10 ft. arbor in midcontinental zone 6b? No warm tones - just cool, clear or bluey pinks, light, med, or dark. Bloom form is unimportant. Strong fragrance is preferred. Don't care about thorns. Vigor and hardiness in my zone, health, and reliability are the main thing. Good repeat strongly preferred.

I just bought Gertrude Jekyll in a pot. I would go with this one, except that so many people have complained about it so much. I still might do it, but I think it would probably be best to get something very reliable and as problem-free as possible, because this is really a very prominent spot.

The ones I'm kind of favoring right now are Mortimer Sackler, St. Swithun, and Spirit of Freedom. Any opinions as to the relative virtues of these, or any other potential candidates would be most appreciated.

Also - feel free to throw in any great OGRs if one would work well. I've just been having a problem finding one to fit my criteria, so I started looking at Austins. I love my Bourbons, but they settle in very slowly for me, and the repeat has been pretty poor for me compared to a lot of moderns. Maybe with time it will get better?

Thanks!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!