SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pagan_gw

Carefree Beauty and rain dance...

pagan
16 years ago

alright, what is up with this weather?? Where are our daily pop up thunderstorms?? I have actually had to water my garden 3 times this year, which is more then I ever watered anything in the mumblemumble years I have been working on it!!! And, because it has been so dry, it looks like thrips, other bugs, diseases and whatever CAN go wrong out there IS going wrong!! MY low maintenance mess is beginning to require a lot of work!! The only people with green grass in my cookie-cutter suburb are the ones with automatic sprinklers, and I even started pricing systems! To tell the truth, my old established roses are doing ok - good spring flush on all but they have been stingy with blooms since then. My new plants are struggling a bit - I watered the heck out of them and drowned them in mulch last week, so let's see if that helps any. Crispy leaves on baby plants are not a pretty sight! Speaking of, does anybody have any kind words for Carefree Beauty? The 2 blooms I have gotten from her left me cold - sort of messy, shapeless critters...

Comments (7)