Houzz Logo Print
durable_now

Chain saw won;t start

11 years ago

Craftsman chain saw

Model 358.35

18 inch bar

2.4 cu in\40cc 2 cycle

I know there have been a million postings on these won't start things but maybe some one can help

Needed to do some work on storm damaged tree.Started saw & it ran a few minutes then died.Messed with it a while & finally got it started again & this time let run till it got hot then revved it up to cut & it died for good this time.Here are the the things I have done.drained gas line & flushed put in fresh gas.Replaced 1 fuel line(which I broke while poking around but it was old & brittle)Replaced the old plug checked gap on new plug set to .025.checked spark from plug & it's OK.I'm sure that it is getting gas to the carb because I can see tiny bubbles in the gas line as I push the bulb but I'm not sure gas is going to the firing chamber because there is never any gas on the plug when I remove it no matter how much I choke it.I don't have any idea how the gas gets from the carb to the plug.I bought a can of that quick start stuff put some under the plug didn't even grunt then put some directly in the carb still nothing.I have pulled on this thing until I think I;m doing one of those extreme workouts you see on tv.I don't know how to tell if the gas from the carb is getting to the plug or not.Any advice from anyone is greatly appreciated

Comments (3)