SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wisconsitom

It's official! (Land purchase)

wisconsitom
16 years ago

We are the proud new owners of 18 acres of rural property. This is located in Oconto County (WI) if anyone can relate. Part of the "Northwoods" part of our state.

I probably mentioned this somewhere here before, but the land is 6 acres woods, consisting largely of cedar (Thuja occidentalis), white pine, paper birch, sugar maple, and a smattering of other trees-yellow birch, swamp white oak (Decrepit), aspen, hemlock, and tamarack. It's very early in the game, but my plans are to manage in such a way to allow this area to expand into what is now hay field. Further up, away from the woods in the remainder of the hay field will be plantation area-Norway spruce, hybrid larch, maybe some white fir, red pine, etc.

For right now, it's going to have to be slow going. We were only able to afford even this amount of property by teaming up with my older son, who is very successful in the computer programming world. There will simply not be much cash for anything much here for a while, but I do hope to begin the seedling planting by Spring of '09. Other major expenses will be a hoped-for shed, water well, septic system, etc.......all big ticket items. But the land is ours!!!

+oM

Comments (20)