SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sixmile_gw

mantis 7261 or honda fg 110

sixmile
18 years ago

Looking for a small tiller and I've narrowed it down to these two. The 7261 is the new upgraded model 7260 with a larger (31cc vs 22 cc) 4 stroke honda engine and improved (supposedly sturdier and more user friendly--according to a lady at Mantis) handles. I've been able to look at the 110 at Home Depot but haven't been able to look at the 7261 anywhere. I called Mantis and was told that the 4 stroke Honda models were only available from dealers and couldn't be purchased directly from Mantis. They also told me that the 1 year return policy only applied to models purchased directly from Mantis. I've read that the earlier problems with the Honda's have been fixed on the model 110 but it has a considerably smaller engine than the new model 7261. I also know that Consumer Reports rated the Honda #1 and the Mantis 7222 #7 but all I've ever seen or read about the Mantis is how solid a machine it is. Price wise there isn't a big enough difference to matter. Any help, opinions,advice, viewpoints, etc. would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!!!

Comments (8)