SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bbbbosox

John Deere Weed Wacker primer bulb kit

bbbbosox
14 years ago

About eight or nine years ago, my wife bought a John Deere Weed Wacker (S1400 gasoline model) along with all the other attachments available at the time. It worked pretty good for me overall, but the primer bulb (not sure what it is made of ... rubber?) last year deteriorated and it is too dangerous to use right now. I tried John Deere's web site for a part number of such a replacement kit (Model S1400) and found nothing ... so I emailed their web customer service and again nothing except for an email directing me to contact the nearest John Deere location, Well, I did call and the folks at the John Deere location(s) didn't seem to know either! I went back to Home Depot where my wife originally bought the units and they too had nothing to point me in the right direction to find a primer bulb replacement kit. I'm exasperated at the present time. Is there perhaps a "generic" primer bulb replacement kit that would work satisfactorally> Any suggestions or hints would be appreciated. Also, I did learn John Deere appears to have sold off this consumer line of business to someone else, but at the moment do not know who. I think JD should stay with what they know best ... probably tractors. LOL!

Comments (3)