SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rbig

floor jack question

rbig
16 years ago

Got a silly sounding problem that's vexing me. A solution can't be that hard, but I've done a lot of Google searching trying to resolve the issue, and have come up dry.

I have a Larin GJ-6000 floor jack. It's a heavy frame thing, not one of the cheesy ones. I used it often to work on my garden tractors prior to a recent medical problem which took me out of circulation for awhile.

The handle has gone missing. I have a 4' piece of 1" pipe that fits the socket nicely.

The problem is that there's a square headed shaft recessed in the bottom of the socket that the handle needs to engage and turn. It drives a bevel gear which tightens and loosens the bleeder valve.

I'm quite willing to buy a replacement handle. Don't know if they're standard items, or if I have to get one from Larin.

I can't find any handles by searching, and no one locally seems to carry handles. I've tried to contact Larin, but they don't respond to email or phone messages.

I'd like to make some kind of insert to weld into the end of the pipe handle with a square hole, but not sure how to do that.

Ideas and suggestions appreciated.

Comments (7)