SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19698634

You gotta see this GH...

User
18 years ago

Tstrees sent me pics of her GH and I thought the forum would enjoy seeing her restoration project. With her permission, here they are.

{{gwi:303585}}

{{gwi:303586}}

{{gwi:303587}}

{{gwi:303588}}

"I just restored a 1950's Lord and Burham 28 x 28 glass house. I moved the greenhouse (actually two) from a site that was going to be demolished. My crew took it down except the large steel supports. Those were moved by crane, loaded on a trailor and delivered to my farm. We left behind all the heat pipes.

"The foundation is a 4 foot poured cement on cement footers. We graded a small hill to lower the greenhouse into the site, rather than make it stick way up out of the ground. You enter it from the front down a fieldstone ramp, with a small glass alcove over it. The back door is at ground level. We can drive our John Deere Gator right up to the plants from either end.

It is 28 x 28 and about 15 feet to the peak. (maybe a little more). We also salvaged the cypress benches. I heat it with two furnaces set on cinder blocks with two separate themastats. The furnaces have specially made vents so the heat is delivered at about 5 feet high."

Pretty nice, huh?

Comments (13)