SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftylady_2006

Garden Junk Extravaganza!!! You Gotta See This

craftylady-2006
15 years ago

Hi Everyone,

I went to the Old Deerfield Summer Sampler Craft Show yesteday and had a great time. I travelled there the "other way" this time and turned onto a backroad I'd never been on before. I came upon this place called the "Good Time Stove Co." It was a "Garden Junk Extravagaza!!" I'm sure the pics will explain why I stopped - it was the most incredible place I had ever seen - as for garden/yard junk. I took some pics of the front of the place and this young man came out and I told him I'd never seen anything like this - he just smiled. He told me they sell the old antique stove all over the world. They've been featured in magazines, etc. They have a web site called just that "Good Time Stove Co." (just type that name in your web browser line to find it.

He said "would you like to see the Dragon?" Of course I was curious and said "sure." Well he took me into the backyard (the folks live there and it's their backyard). OMG, it was simply awesome. Using stone, rocks, (even some glue I'm sure, LOL) there was this "Dragon" sitting area. It had super pretty decorative glass pieces all over it, on the ground, etc. The guy told me "it's a work in progress," they've been building it for about 15 years now. There were little separate areas of the gardens and there were rusted out bikes, junk, doo dads, etc. etc. He told me there was going to be a party there that night and they would start a fire in the the wall below the Dragon's head. The smoke from the fire goes up the chimney in the Dragon's body and comes out the Dragon's mouth. It's got to be just awesome to see it do that. There is an area where they are building a "theater area." There will be little plays, music, etc.

So enjoy these pics and I'm sure you'll be saying "OMG, that's simple incredible."

Sal

{{gwi:150401}}

{{gwi:150402}}

Here is a link that might be useful: PHOTOBUCK

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting