SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannespines

A little Garden Junk + Old Garden Junk Evolving

jeannespines
12 years ago

Since DH & I took on a big project of re-siding our ranch style house, my GJ projects have suffered but wanted to share a few.

This is a 2 pc cement bird waterer I got from a friend who bought it at a sale for $20 (which I was happy to pay for!) ...it's honkin' heavy & it's out in my Secret Garden (my DH said to find the spot where I wanted it cause it won't be moved around! LOL! I am going to paint it & clean up the area around it a little...so I want to share this before pic:

{{gwi:173827}}

I'm thinking of adding some of my cement mushrooms that DH & I have been making for Farmer's Mrkt around the base of it.

And while shopping at Menards garden clearance sale, I spotted this statue on the floor under a shelf...I'm a sucker for "reading" so this one of children called to me! I was pleasantly surprised to Google info on it & I got a real bargain! The tag attached said "Henri Studio" & "quality cast stone for garden decor, 5-yr warranty." Here it is in my Secret Garden by my swing in the pines:

{{gwi:183705}}

I dug the old log into the ground a little bit...here's a close-up...sweet angels, uh?

{{gwi:183707}}

While sitting in that swing the other evening I spotted something in this birdhouse & had to go get DH to investigate it (thought it may be a bat ...but it wasn't!)

I posted this birdhse a few yrs ago...I used a light fixture for the front decor & the holes are small...so I was delighted that something had used it for a home!

{{gwi:183709}}

Here's a close-up:

{{gwi:183710}}

It's a TREE FROG!!! So darn cute!

And last of all, I want to share my Tipsy Buckets again...all this JULY heat did in alot of my gardens...but this one perservered! The Blue Lobelia I had in with the Dusty Miller did not make it, however...but the Trailing Petunias....WONDERFUL!:

{{gwi:183711}}

Hope to be sharing more...siding project almost done...but the flower beds have been trampled on all summer...so I'm working on cleaning those ups ...& some more painting to finish...summer not over yet...hopefully, more GJ to come! Jeanne S.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x