SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janetgia

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em - hubby now has garden junk

janetgia
14 years ago

Last summer, we lost our home, belongings, and much garden junk in the floods here. I did manage to save a few things, but when we moved to our new place my husband said he didn't think the junk really went with the style of the house. (What? You don't think my early-1900's farm implements go with our 1950's ranch home?? LOL) I did put my "glass lamp art" by the front door because I do think it goes, and I put a couple small pieces of statuary out in the perennial flower bed that I'm currently expanding. But for the most part, I haven't done anything yet with the rest of the junk I managed to save.

So it seemed kind of ironic when DH decided he was going to put this thing I call "Armored Guy" in the flower bed out front where he has his Marine Corps flag, US flag, and red/white/blue petunias. Armored Guy is a tin sculpture uncovered in some weeds here last fall, which my hubby spray-painted silver. I told him, "NOW who is hooked on the garden junk?" He said, "That's not JUNK, that's my warrior. He looks good there..."

Of course I had to agree!

Here's Armored Guy:

{{gwi:160571}}

And here's our front entry area - everything in this spot was rescued from the old place, including Mary, her pedestal, the lamps and hooks, and the hostas. Only the petunia basket is new:

{{gwi:160572}}

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County