SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luxrosa

Lets talk about Tea-Noisettes.

luxrosa
16 years ago

Which are your favorites, by color?

Group A are roses that for me are "must haves" followed by second choices, which I'd grow if I had acreage.

My "A list" :

"Mme. Alfred Carriere" and California "Lamarque"

because I love white roses. M.A.C. gets p.m. pretty badly near the S.F. coastline, and California "Lamarque" is healthier and has a larger summer flush it appears. Both have superb autumn bloom cycles, with California "Lamarque" being one of the last roses to fully flush in late November, here.

"Alistair Stella Gray" because I love those pretty yellow pom-poms.

"Marechel Niel" love that sublime hue of yellow.

I am hemming and hawing about which rose to bring to my new home, because I love "Reve d'Or" as much as "Crepescule" and I only have room for one BIG rosebush and it is either one of those, or "Secret Garden Climbing Musk".

"Gloire de Dijon" I always loved this rose in other peoples' gardens, but the open framework of its' growth habit does not raise the passion of my soul. Still undecided. I must love the bloom and the plant of a rose to be willingly seduced into bringing it home with me.

Vintage Gardens site (God bless them) says that "Bouquet d'Or" is nearly everblooming, does anyone here grow it? The rose in their photo is luscious.

Luxrosa

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County