SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

My Tiny Band of Annie Laurie McDowell

It's my own fault; Burling reluctantly sent me a small band because that was all she had on April 1st, when I wanted it. Now of course I realize I should have let her keep it until it was much bigger, but I can hardly send it back to her to babysit it until it is much more robust.

I usually plant bands in the ground about a week after receiving them and have great success in my dry climate and porous soil with this method. However, this band is extra-delicate and I don't think I'll be doing it any favors to send it out into the cold, cruel world just yet. I have it where it gets only morning sun and the black pot is shielded from the sun by the lavender in front of it so that only the leaves are in the sun. In almost a month there hasn't been any discernible growth and I'm a bit worried. Is there anything I should be doing other than watering it and worrying about it? This rose is really important to me, although at the moment I can't imagine this will ever be the big climber with beautiful and fragrant pink blooms on its thornless canes that I've envisioned for so long.

Ingrid

Comments (27)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm