SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sneezin

Japanese Lilac Problem - HELP!

sneezin
17 years ago

Hello...

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas about an issue I am having with my Japanese Lilac. It is about 12 ft tall and fairly mature (I think). It looked great until about a week ago. We went through a fairly dry and hot period and then suddenly one day I noticed wilted curling leaves with brown spots on them. The brown spots and wilting are not in one specific area of the tree and some have begun falling off. The spots themselves on the leaves vary in size and are a dull to medium brown (see pics). There are some instances of dead twigs throughout as well. Very little though. The flowers still look great and are just starting to whiten. I am not sure if this is a yearly occurence since we just moved into this house in the fall after the leaves had fallen but it looked great just a few weeks ago. Does anyone have any idea of what this problem could be and how to fix it. It is such a beautiful tree and I would hate to lose this one. It is about 10 ft away from a maple that is very healthy by all appearances.

Thanks

Andrew

Image link:

Comment