SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jshort_gw

New Air Compressor...Well, Almost New

jshort
16 years ago

Hi all, I was recently looking for an upright electric air compressor to do some inflation tasks as well as running a few air tools. I ended up finding one at a local bargain house that was a display model. Iron Horse 20gal, 5hp, 5.0 CFM @ 90 psi. The Model is Iron Horse #IHAC5V. It was missing a few screws, had a crack in the fan cover. The manager let me take it away from $75 with a return policy in place. It seems to run fine and hold pressure (after I replaced the air drain on the bottom). It was missing any manuals and perhaps a few other items. I was wondering if anyone has any idea, a similar machine or advice on the following. I have already inquired about a user manual to Iron Horse and did not receive a reply:

Air Compressor oil, what type and or brand to use.

Air Intake Filter, is it needed and where can I get one. There is a threaded intake hole that looks like a lawn mower engine muffler hole in the cylinder head of teh unit.

Manual, any idea of where I can find a manual..model # is not listed on Iron Horse/Eagle site.

Other recommendations for tools (ie. recommended brands), I plan to buy some basic air tools in the near future.

Thanks.

Comments (19)