SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gmcman

quiet exhaust for Honda GX620

gmcman
13 years ago

I figure I would post this here in hopes someone has fabricated something for this motor. The engine isn't terribly loud, just that this particular application is a generator and the factory exhaust is somewhat noisy when you have neighbors within a football field away.

My last 10HP Subaru/Robin engine is an idling Lexus in comparison..neighbors can't hear that one running with their doors closed....i'm just worrying about this one now.

I've seen a few pics where some people will take a flex pipe and an auto muffler but I don't want a muffler laying in the yard.

Perhaps a motorcyle exhaust..I have an old canister from my CBR600 which is fairly quiet..it's a thought. I'm also worried about backpressure..how much can these motors take?

Northern tool makes a couple "auto style" mufflers but I don't know how quiet they really are. Has anyone done an Onan conversion with these V-twins and tried a different exhaust?

The cylindrical exhaust canister that is aftermarket may not fit under the tank...seems it's designed for a tractor.

I'm wondering if anyone has tucked a very small car muffler on one of these.....if so which one did you use?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Preferred Architectural Firm | Best of Houzz Winner
More Discussions