SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lesfleursjolies

Please help! Found rose rosette on a sunny knockout

KarenPA_6b
11 years ago

Last fall, I bought a sunny knockout at Home Depot on clearance. I pruned back hard on the rose and it had decent green growth afterward. Then came winter so all these new growths died. For the last month, the rose struggled to put new growth out. This morning I came out to check it and found most of the new growth were abnormally thorny and the leaves were irregular and curled. They just did not look normal. I think it was infected with Rose Rosette. I did not know about Rose Rosette disease last fall so I am not sure that I got an infected plant. My questions are 1. can a rose plant be infected and not show symptoms until later? 2. I am in zone 6A, southeast PA. Does anyone know if mites are active in this area now? Temps were still cool the last month. I am trying to determine if this Sunny Knockout was infected when I bought it or it got infected within the last month. I had dug up, bagged, and disposed of it. But I am just worried about my other roses close to this plant. Thanks for all your help.

Comments (11)