SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conniemcghee

I'm off all this week!

14 years ago

Three guesses what I'm doing! :)

Day one, and I'm already hurting. I am also wishing I would have thought about putting on some sunscreen this morning. We have a high of 85 today and tomorrow!

I just woke up from a nap break - too hot to be out there right now.

I'm moving a lot of perennials to the "fall" garden. Got my Fothergilla in today. Still looking for the right red twig dogwood - haven't been able to find a huge selection locally, so I might end up mail ordering.

For the front of the fall garden (which will be mostly shrubs), I moved a few perennials that will have good fall color:

'
Amsonia

Ornamental Oregano

Autumn Joy Sedum

King Edward Achillea

Lemon Thyme

Homestead Purple Verbena (I bought three tiny 4" pots of this last year, and I am swimming in it this year. I planted a small section of it at the front. It doesn't seem too hard to pull up if you don't want it, though).

I also have a daylily I want to move to that garden. I have a couple of swamp sunflowers I am positioning behind the beautyberries. Also Pennisetums Moudry and Karley Rose, and Karl Foerster. And, thinking of relocating an Artemesia and a Caryopteris.

Limelight Hydrangea is sort of in the center of the bed.

Well, thanks for listening to me ramble! Nobody else would know what I'm talking about with the various plants. :)

Comments (3)