SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hermodsson

Craftsman Garage Door Opener opens at random

hermodsson
17 years ago

I have three problems with my Craftsman 1/2 HP garage door opener (about 6 years old). I don't know if the problems are related.

1. For the last few months, my two remote openers have been working off and on. They have worked for several days in a row, then stopped working for days in a row, then started to work again for days in a row, and so on. Meanwhile, the inside door opener and the wireless opener have worked every time.

2. The last couple of weeks the garage door has started to open at random. At times, when coming back to the house the garage door has been open. It has also opened in the evening and at night (we have made absolutely sure that the door has been closed when leaving the house and at night). It appears to open at random without the use of any control (inside, wirless, or remote).

3. Last night, the doors had opened on its own, and refused to close when hitting the door control. The door went down part of the way, stopped, and then back up. After trying to close it 5-6 times, I finally had to disengage the door from the opener to be able to manually close the door.

Are these problems related? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks,

Roger

Comments (8)