SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

Does Your Garden Style have a Name?

As I walk around the garden I often seem to engage in somewhat useless musings, and this morning I decided it was imperative that I put a name to the kind of garden I've created (or rather am attempting to create). Others compose poetry or try to balance the national budget, but obviously my horizons are somewhat limited. At any rate my first thought was "Mediterranean Cottage Garden" since my plantings are rather informal, but I found too many limitations that didn't quite fit my situation. I finally came up with the brilliant "Mediterranean Country Garden" which seemed to fit my situation perfectly other than the fact that I don't garden in the Mediterranean. I do however live in a Mediterranean climate zone and grow or can grow a large number of plants from that area of the world. At any rate, and don't laugh at this, I felt really happy to have put a label on my creation.

Is there anyone else who has given some thought to this weighty subject? I'm going to be very embarrassed if no one responds so please humor me. I have found that defining something tends to give a sense of direction, and imposes a certain order and coherence to the general scheme. Does this resonate with anyone else?

Ingrid (who at the moment has too much time on her hands since she cannot garden for two weeks for medical reasons).

Comments (51)