SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chevyssrule

American Gardner YS24 weed trimmer

chevyssrule
14 years ago

Good Afternoon,

After looking at my old Ryobi 790r & thinking of all the trouble I have had in the past starting this beast & not being a big fan of 2 cycle engines the noise the smell the mess.

I started reading up on cordless trimmers read a few consumer sites & found a 24 volt unit that seems to keep getting high marks American Gardner YS24 yardstick not being familiar with rechargeables in anything (yes I'm old fashion or just poor) I'm sort of pulling toward this one I like the idea of just charging it & going no cord to pull gas or oil to buy cleaner well I think you get the idea.

What I would like to know is can anyone tell me about these or any other ones that they like?.

See I'm a big John Deere fan being from a farm but don't see that they make one. But as I said this seems to get high marks but I never heard of it.

Thank you for your help!

Will,

Comment (1)

• tomplum
    14 years ago

I'm not sure on that specific trimmer, but my cordless trimmer experience was positive. Mine was a 12V Toro (Ryobi)like from a decade ago. They hang in the charger rack, always start, run- plus no fumes. Left it with a friend when I moved who also loved it. Power is bound to be less that a gas, but for general weed eating I think they are a good thing. Plus I would like to think run time on a 24V current technology battery should be quite good. If you get one, report back.