SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fuzzymoto

Aluminum GH channel nut / bolt size - Charley's

fuzzymoto
15 years ago

I have a Charley's Soalr-Gro GH, but I'm reasonably sure the nut / bolt size I'm seeking also is used on other brand aluminum greenhouses. In order to bolt aluminum wall & roof bars together, the individual bars in my GH have a channel in each bar. This channel accepts a very specific size nut / bolt combination. The nut is 1/4-inch and the bolt lengths are typically 1/2 or 3/4 inches long. This is all fairly common, however the the tricky part that makes the bolt hard to find, is the size of the head on the bolt. For some reason the head is smaller than a standard 1/4-inch bolt head. This smaller head fits in the aluminum channel and slides into position and locks the head so it can be bolted....a standard 1/4-inch bolt will not fit in the channel. Charley's lists the bolts / nuts as 10mm, but having taken the bolt to Lowes & Home Depot, they confirm it's 1/4-inch...and of course neither have a bolt that will work.

Charley's sells these bolts for $7 for 10 and we need quite a few for irrrigation / misting, shade cloth, and everything else you need to hang on a wall of roof rafter.

Anyone find an on-line source for these bolts for a better price than 70-cents each?

Comments (14)