SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mendocino_rose

A Tribute to Rose Folly's Garden

mendocino_rose
17 years ago

I meant to write days ago but it's that time of year(you know what I mean)

You know that a group of us met at Paula's a week ago. I just wanted to say a few words about her garden. You know she rarely posts photos and only some of us have been there. I think the best thing about gardens and the reason why I love visiting other people's gardens are thier reflection of the gardener. In Paula's garden I am struck by the beauty of order. I'm not talking about rigidness, over-tidiness or anything of that sort. I'm talking about a clear vision, a serene comfortable feeling of order. It starts at the wonderful distant view of San Franciso Bay and the mountains beyond and completes in the satisfying rightness of the placement(and choice of) of roses and other plants. I just find it so restful. There is also scent in all parts of the garden from jasmine, citrus and rose. All the hardscaping and fences are built to perfection and of the best materials and workmanship(including copper trellises made by her husband Tom). Anyway I don't want to go on for too long and I'm sorry I don't have photos either. I just wanted to say something. Perhaps you might want to add something nice about a garden you've seen recently.

Comments (8)