SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funnthesun

Nutso things you do before you buy a house...

Well, hubby and I are starting to think about moving :o and I am starting to think about what I will do when I find that short list of perfect houses. My noggin is inevitably going to turn to the quality of the gardens. I have already started picturing myself coming with trowel in hand and digging to China in a few spots to see what's under that grass, LOL. Is it good soil or bad? Is there water standing around the house's edge? Hmmm, have to be sure it's a rainy day when I strike. Do the gutters channel water AWAY from the potential bed areas or right into them. Hmmm, have to go DURING the rain storm. And how much can you really tell with a trowel anyway? Better make it a shovel. Maybe I should just take some for a soil test, LOL.

OK, so now I am picturing myself at this strange person's house, with shovel in hand, wearing a rain poncho, asking to dig up their yard and stalking around watching the runoff. Yeah, this is going to be some major entertainment for someone, that's for sure!

So, what about you guys? I am ABSOLUTELY sure I am not the only one who has thought of this or done this? What did you check and how? Tell me your stories!

Comments (10)