SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bertman_gw

Snowblower* Busted *Helping neighbor!!? Advice

Flex Design LLC
13 years ago

So I was snow-throwing my neighbor short uphill driveway with my Ariens 8 hp. They asked me to do it on heavier snow days. Even though they pay me crap. Along with the other two neighbors I do as a favor. Well one of the kids left a shovel buried flat in the driveway and it got stuck in my machine. The shear bolts did not have a chance to break as intended. After I managed to get the shovel out, I was able to do a bit more throwing but it was not staying in gear. (Note the thrower worked fine) I think the gear-auger took the major hit. Before I start taking this apart I would like any advice or suggestions. I made one call and was told that the full auger assembly may cost up towards 200 bucks. I was also told if I am lucky I may have sheared off only the woodruff key and not broke any gears. I have a good mind to ask the neighbor to help pay for this! I should even have them pay for the labor at about 90/hour. (Which is a bit steep for me?) If I had not agreed to do their driveway this would have never occurred. Any thought or suggestion before I start this disassembly endeavor myself? Yes on both subjects should I ask them to help pay for parts? And any advice on the mechanics

Comments (9)