SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cactusgarden_gw

Anybody have this problem?

cactusgarden
13 years ago

OK, this is the closest forum I found that fits my predicament. There is a dump of a backyard next door. I don't want to call the city because I don't want to have bad feelings and possible revenge coming at me because he would know it was me. The guy has a hog wire fence and two dogs. The fence doesn't work so he piled tree limbs and branches all along 120' of the floppy fence. Its hideous, all sizes and shapes with dried leaves on branches. I couldn't believe anyone would do that and I'd been so happy he was trimming trees finally. There is a place where the branches don't keep the dogs in so he has an old rotten looking cooler with holes in the lid, full of cut logs and stagnant water. Then he piled cinderblocks and concrete pavers on top of the pile of branches. There is a pond and I haven't heard the pump in over a year and you can't see it due to these huge jungle looking pond plants. There's no fish in it. Very large branches still litter the yard from an ice storm two years ago (except the ones lining the fence which are two years old also. The overgrown, untrimmed trees and underbrush is getting horrible along the fence on my side. The back wasn't mowed all summer but there's so much shade and its so scraggly its only about 9" to 12"of bermuda.

I want to go in there and just clean it bit by bit while he is at work. Will this get me into trouble? I don't even think he would notice. I just took out my privet hedge and want to plant ornamental grasses. The only reason the hedge was there was to hide the horror. Cost me 6' x 120' of unusable gardening area for a hedge I was sick of trimming and didn't like in the first place and I finally said ENOUGH, this guy is controlling my garden plans. We keep our yard clean and I love gardening more than just about anything and can't bear this eyesore. Also I want to get a very large container of Round-up with a long shooting spray and start in on the underbrush.

Can a person do this? I am beginning to loose my mind over this mess. Here it is, 3:22 am and I am typing this thing. I think the new addition of the pavers on the limbs today put it into critical mass because I suggested he could come and get them from my yard if he'd take out the logs and ice chest. I felt kind of good trying to work with the guy and asking him in a nice way to move the branches. Believe me, I have had mental conversations not nearly this nice when I wouldn't have trusted myself to say anything to him. When I went out and saw this just piled on top I just, well, I don't know what I just........

Comments (4)