SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myohhmy

Questions: About hoses and drip systems

myohhmy
19 years ago

Hi, I have quite a few questions about hoses. Yes I did search and found out some great information but...Can anyone help me out?

I am adding soaker hoses this weekend (great holiday right?) I have three types. The black round type and the flat type and the direct rose soaker system. Does anyone have any suggestions or do's and do nots on how to add soaker hoses to the garden? My hubby is in charge of the mechanics of hooking them up and piecing them together but I want to know how other gardeners like using them? Which kind is better? Do you put them on a timer?

****Any advice on any of the soaker types will be greatly appreicated, would rather know now than make a mistake ***

while researching on this site I did find out that it is good to scrub them down once a year to prevent clogs.

ALSO>>>>> What do people use to keep the regular hoses out of the surrounding flower beds? My hose keeps squishing flowers in the bed when I real the hose out to reach the back yard for the slip and slide for my kids. I have knocked over irises and other plants with the hose. For now I am using sticks and metal flower stakes to prevent the hose from crushing anymore of my flowers, but it just

does not look nice. What do you use? Or what have you seen other people use? Any suggestions? The small ones they sell at the store did not seem to work well, hose went right over it.

Thanks and happy Labor day! Mya

Comments (3)