SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
morrisnoor

Take a look at my garden ... past summer and fall pictures!

morrisnoor
16 years ago

Hi guys! :o)

waiting for the full explosion of the new flowering season this spring (I'm so excited to see some recently planted roses in their "first full" flush!), I would like to share with you some picture of the past season in my garden, especially those taken in summer and autumn. I hope you'll enjoy :o)

Here's the link of the past spring pictures:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/rosesant/msg060531384580.html

And my first thread about the garden here:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/rosesant/msg0209305130534.html

I want to start with a early june picture, so peaceful and quiet atmosphere in the garden, you can't resist to seat and contemplate... no work is allowed!!

{{gwi:245002}}

June is a strange time of the year. There's something lost, the freshness and youth of spring, but also something new who's coming to show, especially some light effetc in the evening. I left the garden alone from an half of the month, having my trip to the Chaalis Heritage Rose Conference in France. But the garden has waiting me like a good puppy....

A view to the water pool, reflecting the surrounding area, with blue Vitex agnus castus to the right, and the always lovely 'Mlle Franziska Krueger' to the left.

{{gwi:245003}}

Another pretty little miss, 'Kronprinzessin Victoria' (SDLM sport) in the silver-gray background of Calocephalus brownii

{{gwi:245004}}

Amongst the best companion plants for Roses in hot dry climates, are the Iris lookin' southafricans, Dietes.

Both Dietes grandiflora

{{gwi:245005}}

And Dietes bicolor

{{gwi:245007}}

are very attractive and resistant plants. Their clumps of evergreen, narrow foliage are a very good counterpart to the rounded shape of Teas and Chinas' shrubs.

Roses are lovely even when temperature rise towards 30 C and above

Austin's 'Queen of Sweden' is also a queen for more southern kingdoms ;o)

{{gwi:245009}}

But we all know that the truly Queens are Teas... another picture of 'Mlle F. Krueger'

{{gwi:245011}}

I have a special passion for Chaste Trees.... the Vitex agnus castus' pale pink version is shown here, with grapevines and cardoons in the background

{{gwi:245012}}

A vista of the lower entrance to the "white and blue mediterranean garden"... ok...the path is a little bit engulfed by the plants... lol

{{gwi:245013}}

The little greenhouse and working shed's roofs in the background are now almost completely "eated" by 'Cooper's Burmese', 'Lamarque' AND 'Purezza'... (flowering pictures ready in a few days ;o)

.... more coming soon ;o)

Ciao!

Maurizio

Comments (23)