SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
seattlesuze

Have you tried BugBlaster?

seattlesuze
17 years ago

The aphids have hit the garden in the last several days. It was time for the big environmentally friendly, politically correct guns, so I pulled out my new toy, The Bug Blaster, guaranteed to destroy all eggs and kill or damage adult aphids. A nozzle with a 360-degree hard spray, TBB attaches to the business end of a watering wand. The instructions caution the user to stay downwind or wear a raincoat. Well, here in the PNW we scoff at raincoats so I got soaked instead. Too preoccupied trying to see the little buggers with and without my glasses (which of course misted up perfectly), maneuver the madly dripping hose and wand, and thinking about making full circles instead of my natural inclination to spray up and down (same problem brushing my teeth), I realized this is one of those tasks that seems very simple until you're in the middle of it. It didn't help that I had just installed quick release pieces to the hose and wand and my learning curve wasn't particularly swift. Thank goodness for muck boots or I'd be replacing one more pair of tennis shoes because I soaked the glue into unbinding.

At any rate, here's my experience: this item works if you spray closely and intensely in each affected area. No broad sweeping strokes or shooting from a distance for these pesky critters in the northwest; instead, they have to be beaten off their juicy dinners. I don't know about the egg part but will check out the roses again tomorrow to see whether I killed them or knocked the aphids to the ground; however, I think I can say I fall into the same range as The Little Tailor who got seven with one blow. I did some damage to the enemy.

Have you tried this sprayer? What are your results?

Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: The Bug Blaster

Comments (3)