SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
misformink

Have you tried any new products/food/clothes that you're happy with?

misforminkGW
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I finally purchased Olaplex No.3. It sounded like marketing garbage to me when it came out and I didn't pay any attention to it for a long time. It looks like a conditioner but is bond builder. I've seen the positive after photos of once fried hair. My hair is healthy but I wanted to see if it would make any difference. I applied to my damp hair as directed, put on a plastic bag, and tried to forget about the annoying bag for 4 hours. I really wasn't expecting much but am pleasantly surprised. I plan to keep using it once a week. I'd like to sleep with it in but I believe it needs to stay damp to be effective and I'm not sure what to put over my hair. I'm assuming there's probably thin towel type wrap somewhere out there I can buy.

Olaplex more info.

No. 1 & 2 are to be used in the salon during color or bleach. The same active ingredient is used in the No. 3. It's changing the hair world for people that change their hair color and use bleach often.

They make a shampoo and conditioner too.

I've used Aquage uplifting foam on my hair for years and have talked about it here before. I still really like it but recently purchased Wella Eimi Extra Volume Mousse and am very happy with that too. The smell, which is what had me even try another product, is amazing. Very pleasant but it doesn't 'stay' with you. I'm picky about smells and don't want something strong up my nose all day. Too soon to tell if it will replace Aquage.

Have you tried anything new lately?

Comments (137)

• jellytoast
    3 years ago

ravencajun, those leggings are incredible. I bought about 20 pairs and have them stashed so that I will never run out (they are that good!). Costco periodically brings them back, so don't give up looking for them. I first bought them about 2 years ago and I have seen them back several times since in the warehouse and online. They are PERFECTION and the price is ridiculous ... I think they were about $10 bucks.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    3 years ago

I agree! I now have 2 gray 1 black and 1 navy. I don't know if that's enough lol. I am wearing them right now. I am glad to hear they come back occasionally. They were around $10 yes

The sizes are getting limited online but I will keep watching for them. I love how easy they are to wear with tall boots. They don't bunch up.

• Related Discussions

new dog food - anyone tried it?

Q

Comments (7)
    Thanks for your input folks. Rosemary extract would also be "out". I can't give my epi dog that (hey, I can't use PineSol anymore either). It's considered to be a seizure trigger by the Epi Guardian Angel's list (big kudos to that list also for anyone with a seizure dog, please google it if your dog has seizures or epilepsy). By the way Mazer, no I do NOT EVER use grocery brand dogfood -- EVER. I am a huge proponent for holistic feeding of animals. I stick with California natural due to my Mocha's allergies and epilepsy (89 lb dog). I can't even feed Innova even though I find that Naturapet products are very sound. He just can't tolerate a high variety. Before I had the rest of my dogs, I just had the one and home cooked. When I got the others, my freezer couldn't handle the load (I'm not a raw fan, though its great for some). I guess I'll stick with Cali. However, I would probably reccommend Lassie as a lesser of MANY evils over many of the other commercial foods out there for those that are financially challenged. You guys are great! Thanks. Since all my dogs eat together, it just makes sense for me to feed them all the same thing. There's no *practical* way to feed those four monsters separately given that one would be eating Cali (sort of bland -- 3 ingredients) while feeding the other 3 something else. (Hey there's a reason we all love junk food. It's like feeding 3 children Happy Meals while feeding a 4th a bowl of tofu. LOL).
    ...See More

Have you found any bargains or deals? Food? Clothes? Hhhhmmmmm....?

Q

Comments (31)
    I thought about this thread today when I found a great deal. A KMart about 15 minutes from me is closing and since I'm on the hunt for good deals on school clothes I headed there. I figured all the kids clothes would be picked over considering its 40 to 70 % off but wow the store was packed with stuff. Widh I would have been able bbq to buy more... but just for Chip(9) I got 8 tee's with characters and different stuff on them, 4 pairs of jeans, 3 shorts, 2 packs of 7 boxer briefs, 6 pk of white undershirts, 12 pk of socks, a Chicago Bulls book bag, a tee shirt and a hoodie with his school logo, 3 Polo Club short sleeved button up shirts all for 77$. I could not believe the great deal. I got Tim as almost the same sorts of stuff minus the jeans and book bag but found him a winter coat and his stuff came to 68$
    ...See More

Second Try - Have Any of You Tried Just Egg or Impossible Burger Yet?

Q

Comments (22)
    Eeew. You can have your thrills, but the disgusting truth is "IT'S PEOPLE!!!" Thanks for identifying the product. I know gamers who do the can't move eyes to eat zombie stare. They usually have some peripheral actual human beings who shove one handed food at them. Coders are more likely to get up to stretch, go to the bathroom and grab something to eat. They have chicklet mats that cover keyboards so you can still use them which help with the the Rule of NRITK (no ramen in the keyboard), sometimes spelled NRIK, pronounced "nerk" or by some purists "nert'k". A pasty sad lot, the bunch of them. I can imagine that they like to pretend their meal replacement goo really is people. :(
    ...See More

Have You Tried Any Product New to You and like or dislike?

Q

Comments (53)
    Nature's Bounty (I think) Hair, Skin, and Nails supplement. I wore acrylic nails for about 25 years. When my lady passed, and the younger crowd started that new "short, thick, gluncky look", I gave up. That was at least 15 years ago. My nails never recovered. Wouldn't grow, would peel apart like layers of old parchment paper, were so thin and brittle ... my fine, thin, hair would not grow past my shoulder blades. I've been taking this about two months. My hair is/ was down to my butt (I got it cut tonight to mid-back - the gal could not stop talking about how silky, and full, my hair was! She had another stylist come over, and they just kept running their fingers through my hair. Husband asked me if I was purring!) My nails are fabulous. Strong and healthy! I have to trim them every weekend, and be careful rubbing my eyes, or scratching an itch, because they are so strong, and long, that I'm not used to them yet. On the flip side, I also have to soak my feet and give myself a pedi every week, because the toenails are getting just as long, and strong! LOL
    ...See More
  • arkansas girl
    3 years ago

How is the sizing on these Costco leggings? It says that XL is a size 10? Size 10 isn't all that large if you ask me! I'm very tall and wear a size 12 or 14 jean in Levi's.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

Yes, the Rodan Fields lash boost works, god knows how and what debt I will owe the lash genie in the afterlife.

Love the cauliflower crust pizza from TJ. You do have to follow instr carefully and play around a bit to get a crisp but not burnt crust. But yum.

My belkin wireless charger. It looks like a white drink coaster (albeit one with a white cord). Set my phone on it, et, voila

• jellytoast
    3 years ago

Regarding the Costco leggings, I think they are true to size. I wear a 4 or 6 in jeans and the small fit me fine. Even if I were to go up to an 8 they would still fit. They have a good amount of stretch, but not too much, and the thickness is pretty perfect, too. Not at all binding in the waist (I hate that!). They do have enough length for taller people.

Look at the size chart on Amazon HERE.

• RNmomof2 zone 5
    3 years ago

Like Mtn said, wireless chargers. I have had the IKEA charger for several years (Android user) and they really are nice. I have one one my night stand and it is great to just reach over and drop my phone on it for charging. IKEA prices start at $18,not sure how that compares to Belkin.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

I like these dresses I bought. Ordered two lengths to try because because the model is 6" taller than me.

I'm not good with semi formal wear.

Think this style is okay for a semi formal gig? My upper half is almost two sizes bigger than my lower half so I'm limited with choices. I'm broad across the shoulders/upper back. .

https://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/misa-los-angeles-domino-slinky-jersey-midi-cocktail-dress-prod213260048

• Star Jeep
    3 years ago

Keto/low-carb to lose weight without feeling like I'm starving or deprived of yummy foods. Agree with the previous comments on Keratin treatments. Turns my very curly frizzy hair into smooth straight silky locks...for $300 every five months. Worth every penny.

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    3 years ago

I think the Costco leggings are very true to size mine fit perfectly and are comfortable all day long, no having to pull and tuck.

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Justeri, I vote for the second dress. First looks too much like a negligée to me.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Thanks Eld! Yes, I would never wear a dress that short at my age. I ordered it to try though because the model is a giant compared to me. It might come closer to my knee. The longer one might come at a weird place below my knee.

I hate buying semi formal clothes!!! I'll wear it once. Most all parties I attend are casual dressy. I had a hard time pushing go, then started having 2nd thoughts on the pick.

• tinam61
    3 years ago

How about something flowing/full from waist down. Won't that dress accentuate the size difference between your upper/lower halves? I'm just thinking something less fitted through the hips/thighs would add some width to your lower half and balance things out. Something with a really fitted waist would simulate more of an hourglass/balanced figure.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Hi Tina, you might be right. I was hoping the extra gathered fabric would make me look like I had hips. All the dresses that are full on the bottom are a problem by the time I get the top to fit my breasts and shoulders/back. The bottom bit is then huge. I then tried to find a skirt but ... don't know. It's such a pain. I could get something altered. Tough call as I'll never wear it again. I'm thinking of not going If the above dress looks stupid. In my mind I'm thinking it looks a tic SL¥tty but we'll see.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    3 years ago

Someone above mentioned hairspray.

This is my new fave:

It is usually ~$40, I see overstock has it half price.

Funny, I accidentally bought their dry shampoo instead of this spray and I *thought* it was just a super-super-fine hairspray. I dont like dry shampoo but even used incorrectly it did give my hair nice volume, LOL

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

This is my favorite hairspray. It works great even in Florida humidity. You do have to run the sprayer knob under the tap when done though. My hair still feels like hair when I use it. While the spray is still damp you can even mold the hair ends into a little flip.

• DLM2000-GW
    3 years ago

Dragging this back up to ask questions. bought the GB neck cream and the lash serum terriks recommended. Just call me lemming ;-)

1. For those of you using the GB Neck Cream do you find it sticky? Fortunately my neck is not terribly crepey at this point but I do have a line forming (like a ring on a tree? ugh) a bit above my collar bones so using it as sort of a preemptive strike. But I don't like the way it feels sticky - I'm vary aware of it all through the day. I'll keep it up and if it works will deal with being sticky but just wondering your experience.

2. For those of you using a lash serum on your brows (can't remember who and don't want to search the thread) will it make the brow hairs that are there longer/thicker? Or does it start new hair growing? Both? My brows have thinned (both have thinned so much in one place there's almost a gap) and I'd love a more full brow line but don't know if that's realistic. Started using it on my lashes 10/26 so will report back in a few weeks. Tried to take a pic of my lashes now for a before/after but that's really hard to do with your eyes close, ya know?!

• deegw
    3 years ago

I was just coming here to say that my Olaplex arrived yesterday :) Haven't used it yet.

Also ordered a wool cardigan from Norm Thompson. It took ten days for them to ship it and apparently it will be arriving via Pony Express in a few days. Don't use them if you are in a hurry!

DLM, I do find the Gold Bond to be sticky every once in a while but the feeling goes away pretty quickly. I live in a dry climate and have dry skin so my skin is usually very thirsty.

• terezosa / terriks
    3 years ago

I recently visited my daughter and she had a bottle of L'Occitane Shower Oil in her shower. I thought that it was an after shower oil, but when I was able to put my reading glasses on and read the label outside of the steamy shower I saw that it's actually a cleansing body oil. I'm familiar with facial cleansing oils, but hadn't heard of them for the body. You put some in your hand, and with you rub your hands together it becomes creamy and a little bit foamy. So far I like it, and I like the idea of using something that doesn't strip the moisture from my skin. The only thing I don't like is the price - $25 for 8.4 ounces. So I was happy when I was in an Ulta store and saw that Nivea also has a shower oil at a much better price - $8.99 for 13.5 ounces, and Google is showing that it's available through Amazon for only $5.99. The L'Occitane is a little thicker, but not much else different between the two.

• Mimou-GW
    3 years ago

Okay, maybe too early for some, but I ordered some of these cute ornaments (and others) from Anthropology today.

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Terriks, or rather, terazosa (sorry, I can’t get used to all the new names), our son & DIL gave me a basket of Aveda products that included a cleansing oil last year for Christmas. So lovely. It was a bit pricey too, so it’s good to know there are others around.

• neetsiepie
    3 years ago

I found the greatest pair of jeans at Walmart of all places. I'd picked up a pair and by the time I finally tried them on at home, they were sold out at the store. I checked on line and they were not selling them there either. I was devastated! This pair of jeans was simply the greatest fitting, most flattering jeans I've ever gotten-and they were less than $20! My $90 jeans don't fit as well as those cheap jeans.

Monday night I stopped at a different Walmart on my way home from an errand to pick up some cat litter and just figured I'd take a chance to see if they had those jeans. They DID! And in 3 different colors/washes so I bought all they had in my size. They didn't have any bigger and they only had one of each in my size, but lots of the smaller sizes so that tells me these are a big seller. I later went online and ordered 3 more pair in the wash I like best. So now I have 7 pairs of cheap jeans (that should last me quite a while, having 7 pair!). I really hate Walmart-but honestly, these jeans are amazing and they accomodate the swelling I have in my legs with no binding. They're the Terra & Skye line. I'm really happy to have found them and to have been able to stock up before they are no longer available again.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Sound the alarms and alert the media...I found a dress that fits my top and bottom due to the drape and fabric give. Maybe not what I would pick if I wasn't so hard to size but I feel good in it. It's the midi longer one I posted above. After looking at close to a billion dresses, this nightmare is over. A plus is that I do not need a special bra. The top has layered fabric within and holds everything in place. The drape and decorative long front hanging fabric hides imperfections.

Like the extra flippity below the boody.

The top part flows out a bit further on the sides than pictured and gives the illusion of a waist to hip. It's not too low at V. Check check check!

• salonva
    3 years ago

omg just had to search out this thread to contribute this amazement! I took a chance at Costco and bought Gloria Vanderbilt jeans- curvy stretch. They had a promo for $11.99. Can you imagine? (normally 14.99 - I know not too terrible either but my goodness 11.99!!)

So I bought them ( have never worn the brand. I think I tried it once or twice and it just didn't fit right) and figured I would try them at home knowing I can easily return them. Well amazement- they fit nicely!!

It says mid-rise but it actually fits a little bit higher for me (which is comfortable.) It has the normal closure with a zipper . Taking them off, I decided to see if I needed to open it and it actually slid off.

They say skinny and I guess they are but they are not crazy like leggings tight and they are stretch so omg so comfy and may I repeat $11.99.

• eld6161
    3 years ago

For those with the cheaper jeans, baby them! I do think that the quality can be not as good. I found a Style and Co pair at Macy's. I washed and dried them the first time, but now I am hang drying and putting them in the dryer after they are dry to just soften them up.

Justteri, I knew you'd find the perfect dress, and you did.

• hhireno
    3 years ago

The mention of Costco reminded me, I just bought an Eddie Bauer, packable, down coat for $40. I haven’t used it yet so I can’t vouch for it in that way but it has great potential. It has zipped pockets, I love zipped pockets, and a pouch for carrying/turning it into a travel pillow. It’s long enough to cover the butt. It does have Eddie Bauer printed on at least one sleeve, but it’s not too intrusive. It comes in 4 colors.

I have high hopes for this inexpensive little coat.

• whatsayyou18
    3 years ago

I purchased a packable down coat last year (not the EB one you're referring to though I know which one it is because I brought it home a few weeks ago. Ended up returning it because it didn't fit the need I had though it's a great coat!) from Costco and cannot sing its praises enough. It was in the $40-50 price range and is perfect for various degrees of weather. It's a pretty blue and cute to boot. Love it!

• OutsidePlaying
    3 years ago

Not EB, but I am going on maybe the 5th year or so with a Patagonia down sweater that was maybe $100. It is washable and recyclable thru Patagonia. All their products can be recycled, so I do buy items when needed from them. You get credit for purchase of a similar item.

eld, I do what you do. I hang almost all my jeans to dry because I don’t want them to shrink in length, and then put them in the dryer to soften.

• misforminkGW
    Original Author
    3 years ago

I'm resurrecting this to talk about some more products I've been happy with lately.

Castor oil

I know Oakley mentioned castor oil before for lashes so I grabbed some while out. I've been using it on my lashes and brows for a few months and hair has grown back! Prior to this I noticed my lashes were getting weird. I had patches where the hair just wasn't growing back and they seemed shorter. I didn't realize how bad it actually was until I saw some older photos. It bugged me to the point that occasionally when going out I would custom fit individual lashes here and there and I don't like false lashes. Also, the hair at the front of my brows were missing all of a sudden. I thought I noticed a difference in a few weeks but wanted to wait and see if I was just being overly hopeful. I don't think it's going to give lashes like the expensive serums but I think the vitamins in the castor oil can help restore your lashes. I've been using it at night about 2 months. I've been using Sky Organics brand. It comes with five thin liner applicators and five brow applicators. I disinfect after use.

Fitflops

I don't know if they've been talked about here before but I only recently heard of them. Apparently they were (maybe still are) originally marketed as a fitness type shoe for strengthening certain muscles. I think that's pretty much bunk but they are awesome for comfort. My feet have been yelling at me the past couple of years to stop abusing them and I've ignored their cries. They've recently decided I'm going to listen or they're going to force me to hobble! My feet used to recover from hurting but they just hurt all the time. Both of them, the entire foot. I've had three people recommend this brand so I bought the cushiest ones they make (microwobbleboard bottoms) and in 24 hours my feet are so much happier. I'm amazed. I normally prefer a thinner style sandal but went with the Lulu leather in cognac. Reviewer submitted photo I found. The stock photo really does nothing for them. They're more attractive IRL.

I honestly only like a few of the styles but do plan on purchasing more of the sandals. It seriously removes the pressure off the foot. I have small wide feet with high arches. These may work for regular width but definitely not for narrow. In general I think they cater to a wider foot even though they don't call them 'W'. I like that they make a standard looking beach/pool type flip flop too.

More info. during my recent search to make my feet happy again I tried, and returned, Crocs Capri IV. The arch was a little short for my high arches and would work better for someone with a normal arch (or low maybe) but the big problem was the heel was so thick and was hurting the front 1/3 part of my heel. They have good reviews but the shape just didn't work for my foot. I also wasn't wild about the nubby things and would have preferred all black.

In the past I've tried Vionics but it just felt like I had a boulder in my sandal which would cause me to walk on the outer part of my foot. My feel would feel relieved when I'd take them off. I thought they just needed breaking in but they never got better. I also have a pair of Birks but I don't find them comfortable.

O'Keeffe's Lip Repair Cooling Relief lip balm

In the past I've recommended Lypsyt and it just didn't seem to be cutting it anymore for dryness. I wear color on my lips every day even if it's tinted lip balm (Oh where did the color go?!) so they can easily get dried out. I use this first and usually before bed and my lips have never been happier.

Also after using giving the Wella mousse I talked about in the beginning of this thread a good trial run, I still prefer Aquage uplifting foam best.

Have you tried anything new that you're pleased with?

• eld6161
    3 years ago

Your eyes and brows look great! Thanks for sharing. I know there are a few here that like the prescription meds for lashes but I am not inclined to go with a prescription for vanity purposes only. I like the idea of a more natural product.

I have trouble with shoes too, and am always looking for comfortable options.

For flip flops, the Sperry's seem to work for me. By accident I was in Lord and Taylor shoe department and saw a pair. Tried them on. They were a 5 !/2. My feet are basically 5 and 5 1/2 but I have been bumping up to a six for years. It would have not occurred to me to try the 5 1/2. I ordered a few more on line.

I also like Teva and Reef for flip flops. But they are more for heading to the beach.

misforminkGW thanked eld6161
  • Oakley
    3 years ago

Shee, you're gorgeous!!

Last week I bought some Aquage and I am so impressed! The top of my hair still has great volume. With it being semi-thick and just below the shoulders, that's pretty darn good. I'll never buy a different root lifter again.

This Brush is the best ever! It can be used for blow drying or a regular brushing and gets tangles out like a breeze.

misforminkGW thanked Oakley
  • Funkyart
    3 years ago

What beautiful eyes!

I have been wearing fitflops for years-- for a day of walking, they are more comfortable than sneakers! I haven't worn the Lulu but I have a few pairs of the Kys which is similar. I find this style runs wider than some of the other styles. They also wear well.. I still have the first pair I bought (maybe 8 yr ago?) and they still look brand new.

misforminkGW thanked Funkyart
  • yeonassky
    3 years ago

You look lovely shee. I guess it's time for me to buy the lash cream or castor oil... How much do you put on and do you sleep with it on over night?

I had feet that would feel pain all the time. I started doing those exercises they suggest like pulling a cloth towards you with your toes. They were particularly helpful and doing the foot roller worked very well as well. Plus I just generally stood up on my toes and then back down to my heels and lifted my toes off the ground and did that a few times a day as well. My feet are just so much better now and I can wear shoes of any type again. Though I still don't do well in heels because of my balance issues. YMMV.

misforminkGW thanked yeonassky
  • just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Sheeisback, you have the most beautiful eyes!!!

Love my fitflops. I’ve been wearing them for ten years (?) and have traveled all across Europe in them. I’ve even done hikes. They are great for cobblestone areas as well.

I haven’t bought anything very exciting. Except, I have new hurricane windows coming for the kitchen in same sizes. It sort of says something about how dull my life has been lately lol. Really though, the different height and sizes has contributed to my partial madness. I also got a new powder room fan with no ugly grates. Yep, I know how to have fun!

Fake outdoor rated flowers for the patio. I would actually recommend these for some non-shedding, no mess color near a pool in a dark corner. My big plant is real and they look fine over there. I have them in some CB2 cement look planters.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DMVSS6M?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_pd_title

misforminkGW thanked just_terrilynn
  • alex9179
    3 years ago

I love FitFlops and even wear them on walking-heavy vacations, like Disney World. The heat and humidity in Fl. and Tx. can make feet swell, so these sandals are heaven. When I need a house shoe replacement, I usually look for them in the clearance section of DSW. I spend more for a cuter style to wear out and about, though! I have plantar fasciitis and not much of an arch. These are a staple for me.

Covergirl Clump Crusher (green tube) mascara is my current favorite for natural looking lashes. I suppose multiple coats would give me more volume for evening, but I hardly go anywhere ;) I like it much better than L'oreal Voluminous, which drove me crazy with the chunks I had to comb out.

I received my latex bed from SleepEZ, yesterday. It's wonderful! I haven't had a good night's sleep in a couple of years due to various reasons. The mattress doesn't sleep hot, though I had trouble with hot flashes last night, and my body didn't hurt at all while sleeping or upon waking. That is huge for me. They're having a sale and, between that and the polar vortex creating issues for FedEx, it took a while to get here. I put a Cal. king together myself, while DH was at work and the kids at school. The boxes are pretty heavy, though. I can definitely recommend them if one is looking to buy a new mattress. I made a mistake on my order and they called immediately after I checked out to verify what I actually wanted and kept me informed regarding the delays.

My kids are enjoying the 3" Pure Green latex toppers DH and I were using to get by, previously. I ordered one more from Amazon for the third kid, today.

misforminkGW thanked alex9179
  • terezosa / terriks
    3 years ago

Those artificial flowers look very realistic in the pictures. Might be the solution to the deer that eat even deer resistant plants from my planter boxes.

• just_terrilynn
    3 years ago

Terezosa, you can tell they are fake when you get within a foot away but only because they look too perfect. They are deer proof but not dog proof. If you look closely at the orange flowers you will see a little gap where my new dog took out a chunk to play with.

Edited: I forgot, I wanted to share that the Verge ll flex casual or workout pants and shorts I bought for son and husband for Christmas were a huge hit. I bought my husband a black Henley from Lands End to go with as it was better suited for a mature man. Hylete (brand of the pants and shorts) also has a black Henley that I ordered for sons birthday but I haven’t received it yet. Anyway, I like that this workout/casual outfit almost looks elegant on husband but with young sporty shoes looks hip on son.

The pants are on clearance. Huge hit on both the pants and Verge flex above knee shorts. Not too tight not too baggy. The waistline is capable of going up or down almost a size.

https://www.hylete.com/verge-2-flex-woven-zip-pocket-pant-black-black

misforminkGW thanked just_terrilynn
  • lucillle
    3 years ago

I have a tiny apt and am always looking for ways to organize. This company came up with a great idea to make bins that have stuff stored in them easily accessible:

https://binwarehouse.com

misforminkGW thanked lucillle
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    3 years ago

Organic argan oil, for the past 6 months, has become my go to for everything: eyes, face, body, hair.

misforminkGW thanked Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
  • Feathers11
    3 years ago

Bumblebeez, I love argan oil. I use it for my face and neck and it's a really good, absorbent oil. It doesn't linger on my face after I apply makeup and so I don't look shiny. I'm trying the Neutrogena hydroboost recommended in another thread but so far I think argan oil works better for my skin. I'm also trying the castor oil recommendation by Sheeisback above and have taken a "before" pic to see if it works. I think many of these oils are more nourishing and beneficial than cosmetics.

Also I live in a snow-thaw-freeze-ice climate and these spikes have made my outdoor activities safe. I recommend them to everyone who wants to spend time outdoors in freezing weather. I live in a walkable city but I'm fearful of slipping on ice and these have been very good to use. Getting them on my boots takes some maneuvering but once they're on they feel secure. https://www.rei.com/product/890608/kahtoola-microspikes-traction-system

misforminkGW thanked Feathers11
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    3 years ago

Feathers, I'm trying the hydro boost too and do like it - 2 days now- but will always prefer something natural. I'm not sure why I bought it, the argan is great.

• misforminkGW
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Thanks!

Oakley -yay for Aquage!

That brush looks amazing.

Funkyart which style do you think runs wider? My feet feel much better. My left foot doesn’t hurt at all anymore when I have them on. The right foot still does but I suspect it will take awhile for that foot to settle down. I really need a pair of comfortable (standard work with almost anything black) boots/booties but don’t really like their styles. Theres one that’s ok but I wish the toebox was shaped a little different.

Going to order more sandals.

Im going to look into some of the other sandals mentioned here too. Thanks Eld.

Yeon -The small bottle (they have a large size too) has a dropper and I just put a drop on the applicator and run it along the top. Another drop for the bottom and drop right at the beginning of the spooly brush to use on my brows. It sounds like a lot but I have over half a bottle still. I don’t recommend brushing the oil on the lashes with the spooly brush (mascara wand) because the oil is so thick it just beads up. It’s kind of gunky feeling but doesn’t irritate the eyes at all. I do it right before bed and sleep with it on. In the morning I just rub my eyes. It seems some of its absorbed in because there’s less.

ETA - Thanks for suggestions about exercises. I was thinking there was probably stretches or something I could do to help. I'll check it out.

Justerrilynn -They look great! And nice ZZ plant too.

• Funkyart
    3 years ago

Shee,

I have a semi wide foot--- in that I don't *usually* wear wide widths but my foot is wider than average. I recently bought a pair of booties in wide so that they could easily accommodate socks-- and I can't tell you how comfortable they are! They aren't anything fancy but I like the look and can't say enough about the comfort.

Vionic Serena

I have this color and it works nicely with both black and blue denim. They also come in black and olive. I rarely see them on sale-- they are just under $150.

I also find Anne Klein boots (normal width) generally fit me well. I have had a few pairs of them over the years. I don't always like their styles but these boots have served me well for work-- even if they aren't the most stylish!

Bonus points for both of these booties because they are the ONLY heels I can wear with my vision issues. They fit securely and do not make me feel any more off balance than I already do!

The fitflops that run wide for me are the Kys-- the ones most similar to the style you bought. The thongs run a little more narrow IME but they are forgiving given they are an open shoe.

misforminkGW thanked Funkyart
  • Bunny
    3 years ago

I've been using Aquage uplifting foam for the past month or so. I'm not crazy about the fine shot to my roots, so I shoot a little mound into my palm and work it into my crown roots that way. The jury's still out, but I think I like it.

I did try Home Chef for one week, and decided to cancel. I should probably do its own thread. Nothing dramatic, just a realization that food prep kits aren't for me.

misforminkGW thanked Bunny
  • graywings123
    3 years ago

Yeah, I was given a couple of those food prep kits. I couldn't deal with them. I handed them off to a friend who cooked them for both of us, bless her heart. But I did get a simple recipe for cooking chicken wings.

misforminkGW thanked graywings123
  • Sueb20
    3 years ago

Funky, I have been eyeballing those Vionic booties on and off for a long time. I'm going to order a pair! I like the ones that are perforated (?) too, for early spring they seem like a good option.

misforminkGW thanked Sueb20
  • dedtired
    3 years ago

I constantly have a problem with my right bra strap slipping down. I’ve tried tightening it, loosening it, tightening the band, going for a fitting. Nothing worked. I compared my shoulders and they look the same. I finally bought some silicone bra strap holders and they do the trick. They are the most old lady looking things but at least I am not chasing my bra strap all day. I don’t know they are there while I am wearing them, however when I take my bra off it kind of hurts a bit when I peel them off. I got them on Amazon

misforminkGW thanked dedtired
  • misforminkGW
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Funky - That sounds about how my foot is. I like both those boots! I actually have two pair of boots very similar to the first pair. I have them in both taupe and black the main visual difference is the heel on mine is higher. They hurt my feet though so I hardly wear them. Not sure of the brand anymore either. I'll look into those. Thanks!

Bunny - That's how I like to use the Aquage too. Speaking of hair products where did I see you mention sea salt spray? I have the Not Your Mother's brand and I find I can only use it when I overly curl my hair, spray and loosen the curls with my fingers. I think the product used to be better. The ingredient list changed slightly. I don't love the smell either. I liked the John Freida sea salt spray but they changed that a few years back. I still have a tiny amount of the old in the bottle I'm apparently saving. Anyone else do that?

• Bunny
    3 years ago

Shee, I mentioned NYM’s Sea Salt Spray [here[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/hair-products-for-short-hair-dsvw-vd~5595789?n=17). It also made my hair dull. I don’t understand why anyone would want a matte look to their hair. On gray hair, it’s ghastly. I’m also trying Bb Thickening Blow Dry Cream and Aveda Brilliant Heat Protectant spray.

• misforminkGW
    Original Author
    3 years ago

Oh matte look isn’t my goal either. I haven’t noticed it on my hair but dry shampoo does it even using the darkest shade of Batiste though the color does help make it more tolerable for me. It’s a trade off for when I’m at home and saving some time. I’ve heard good things about that thickening cream!

• Bunny
    3 years ago

I've also heard and read great things about the thickening cream. There are a few reviews that said it weighed their hair down, but they could have used too much with fine hair. I use about a dime-sized blob and rub it together on my hands and then through the top layers of my hair. I'm undecided, but if anything, my hair likes it.