SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovemyroses

adding some new David Austins - please help on selection! :)

ilovemyroses
12 years ago

i am heading to Tyler to pick up roses at David Austin's place, opting for container (as opposed to bare root). They have a number in containers i am not too familiar with and thought i'd try.

right now, i have 20+ DA's, and have a great raised bed, eastern exposure, great soil, etc. and have had good fortune with most my Austins.

they have, in no particular order:

Charles Darwin, Windermere, harlow carr, young lycidas, lady emma hamilton, the alnwick rose, princess alexandra of kent, crocus rose, carding mill, bishop's castle, grace, ambridge rose.

what am i looking for???? health, repeat, cut rose?, general look of flower. look of bush in general. fragrance is less an issue for me than color/beauty of flower.

some that do well here, heritage, benjamin britton, molineux, glamis castle, red lady. abraham darby fried in the sun, altho i might try him again (going to chamblee's too, and looking to pay the big bucks at DA for what is great, and unavailable elsewhere.)

would like 4 or 5 to come home with me!!

i am really a tea person, but this is a new dedicated david austin type area. thanks!!

Comments (18)