SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mike_larkin

Modine Gas Furnace

Mike Larkin
11 years ago

Several years ago I built a 16x 24 double poly GH
I installed a Modine Gas furnace - 100,000 BTU. ABout every other year I would have the service man out to change a thermo couple or various other small part - routine is guess.
It is old school furnace, not power vented , and no electronic pilot. A few months ago I changed by poly for the first time. Since then I have had issues with heater. First - Big issues with carbon/soot build up in heat exchanger. I had someone clean. Then it started to get very cold 9 furnace running all the time and the pilot light would go out. No heat over night when temps are 20 o F is not good. The repair man back changed the pilot, changed the thernmo coupl, cleanned the burner and I assume checked out the flame. Still pilot light going out.
Last night I bought a flexible 3" dryer vent hose. Ran it from the outside directly to the bottom of the furnace ( near the burner. So far so good - Still running - no issue - Yet - with pilot light going out.
I am not sure if with the new tighter GH - It is a small GH and the furnace is big, that there is less oxygen starving the pilot?
Hoping it works . ANyone have an issue like this?

Mike

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES