SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
organic_tosca

The Winner: Mlle. Jeanne Philippe

15 years ago

It was a close race! The contestants: "Mlle. Jeanne Philippe" and "Betty". All my little roses were new last year, but some were newer than others. These two were bought last Fall, and this month they have both come out with beautiful new foliage and BUDS. I have been watching them like a hawk (well, actually, I've been watching ALL those pots like a hawk - it's irresistible) to see which would bloom first. It was MJP, and I am just bowled over. I simply had no idea how lovely that rose would be - this graceful stem, with elegant leaves, and this incredibly beautiful flower, simple and delicate! It's a light apricot that shades into a delicate pink, with yellow/gold at the heart that lights up the petals with a glow...

Mind you, I think they may ALL get me like this!

"Betty" will be next. Her buds are less beautiful than MJP's (MJP's bud was long and elegant, yellow-gold with a wash of rose on one side), but I expect "Betty" to mesmerize me once those buds open - Vintage describes her as having a "haunting coloration".

All the others are growing well and putting out fresh new leaves. This is REALLY, REALLY EXCITING!!!

Laura

Comments (3)