SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jason_d_b

Repost: What OGR should I place on a whattle fence?

Jason_D_B
12 years ago

I have 3 stipulations. It has to bloom more than once, or have a very long flush, the canes have to be flexible enough to be splayed out like a small climber, and I would very much like it if it had a very nice scent.

I really like crepuscule and Mme Alfred Carriere, but I believe they get way too big for that fence, if I'm not mistaken. I have seriously considered Mme Ernst Calvat or Mme Isaac Pereire, but the rose on the far left of the picture which is still half dormant because of a late freeze is a red Don Juan and there is a small William Shakespeare 2000 not shown behind the pedestal (I forgot to say that too, looks like I was sleeping when I wrote this). I came to the conclusion last night that the new rose should not be red.

I reread some of my rose books and thought that a rose with a flower like David Austin's Heritage rose would be very nice or something like the old mauve moss William Lobb (but a second flush in fall would be nice).

I just built the fence two days ago with some saplings from the back of the property. It is around 3 and 1/2 feet tall and 7 feet long. Hope you can help.

-Jason

{{gwi:240156}}

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County