SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_e

Not OGRs, now what?

Rachel.E
10 years ago

So my husband is wonderful, and was at a training in Tyler, Texas near Chamblee's. He brought me home three new rose babies for Mother's Day!

Here's the catch...he thinks the roses came from Chamblee's, but he bought them at a roadside stand from a lady whose English was questionable. So he wrote down the names of two of the three, but couldn't make out the name of the third.

He got me an Angel Face, a New Year, and one that we THINK is Judy Garland (he swears up and down it started with a J).

I have been trying to do some research. I believe Judy Garland and Angel Face are Floribundas and New Year is a Grandiflora, but I don't even know the difference. What do I do with these? I've been cruising along with my ever-growing collection of no-fuss antique roses, and now I'm thrown for this loop!

Experience with these? Where should they be planted? I am in central Texas, also known as the door to Hades....it is hot and dry from June through September....

I don't have a spot that gets morning sun and afternoon shade...it's either full sun or dappled shade....thoughts? How big will they be, realistically? How much room do they need? Anything helps!

Y'all are my saving grace...
Rachel

Comments (6)