SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
yeonasky

Have you realized your garden dreams?

yeonasky
13 years ago

I have garden satisfaction of about a 5.5. My garden is about 8 years old. I have had mixed success with it. Many plants have come and gone, not by my choice. :( I want a garden that is very mixed, with bulbs, perennials, shrubs and evergreens. All on a fairly miniature scale, as I have a small front yard garden.

Unfortunately I find that even with watering, lots of things don't make it. So lately I've been doing a lot of my planting in the fall, to late winter, to give them a better chance. If I plant in the summer, I drop the ball too much on coddling watering. So that's one lesson I've learned about myself, that is helping me to achieve some success.

Also I had mostly containers, but now only use the largest containers, and as well, also grow directly in the ground. I know exposure and root room made the smaller containers not work. Still my lack of success hasn't swayed me from still trying again and again, although I'm not as close to the sweeps of blue flowers and fragrant flowers as I want to be.

Have you achieved the garden that you dream of? Are you close?

Yeona

Comments (14)