SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
christinmk

Your Dream Garden

Now I know that we all love our gardens. How could we not? We spend hours doing hard work in the yard, doing chores we dislike, mentally toiling over something that is just not 'right', or fretting over some withering part of the garden. There is great satisfaction and pride in seeing what we have created. We are emotionally attached to our gardens from all the love and labor we put into them.

But, there are those gardens we secretly lust over. That illusive landscape that, try as we might, we simply cannot duplicate in our own plot. We never say it, but we all think that we would give up everything to achieve that ideal garden.

Sometimes we are limited as to what we can do in our gardens because of the climate or conditions in which we live.

So, if you could have your 'Dream Garden' (and climate would not be a consideration) what would it look like?

I once saw my dream garden, or something very like it, in a magazine. If I could change my garden it would be filled with pastel colored flowers (not like the hot colors that come here in summer) all year round. I would also have ONLY those 'old' cultivars of plants or just the species. The roses would also be the very old cultivars from long ago, not the Hybrid Teas and neon colors that are common today (and in my garden). And my shade gardens would sport woodland/natives instead of the showy foliage plants that dominate it now.

How about you?

CMK

Comments (24)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH