SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
whoopdedeaux

A very special 'thank you' for sage advice

whoopdedeaux
14 years ago

I am a newbie to roses and posted a plea for help in selecting several varieties last spring. I wanted to come back with an update and also to express my sincere appreciation for all of the generous help I received. There are too many of you to thank individually, but please know that I remember each name with fondess.

Not all of the new roses made it last year - 2009 was the tail end of one of the worst drought since the 1950's for us and water was severely rationed. I could not in good conscious water my garden when my neighbors wells were going dry all around me, so the survivors are truly tough little roses.

Here's how it looks this Spring:

Ducher - what a jewel! So far this my be my favorite. The Duchers are all loaded with buds and growing like weeds.

Duchess de Brabant - she's getting ready to put on a show that may put Ducher to shame.

Westerland - I don't go near it for fear of being eaten. It's growing like the plant in Little Shop of Horrors, but with the added advantage of gorgeous flowers.

All of these are thriving: SDLM, Eutin, G. Nabonnand, Molineux, Heritage, Lover's Delight, Abraham Darby, Lyda Rose, Cornelia, Penelope, Felicia, Jude the Obscure, Mrs. B. R. Cant

The ones that did not make it, but will definitely be replaced, are: Mrs. Dudley Cross, Mons. Tillier, Moonlight, Frances Dubriel.

If you ever wonder if your time is being well-spent on this forum, please let me assure you that the advice and guidance you give someone like me is priceless. Thank you from my heart.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!