SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

plants with mystical names ... that are useless ...

in the Chinese lanterns post.. i suggested that there are a host of plants.. with the most whimsical names.. that conjure all kinds of pictures in your mind... the plant being otherwise totally useless and in the extreme ... a horrid plant ... or a plant on a death march ....

for example ...

tree of heaven ... who wouldnt want a plant with a name like that ... besides the fact that it is invasive everywhere ...

and CLanterns.. visions of pagodas.. and lush landscapes ... and literally invasive ...

there was another.. and i blanked out .. coffee kicked in ...

i mean really.. at least something like that horrible pokeweed .. doesnt want to make you keep it.. because the name is so romantic.. lol .... [and where in the heck did that name come from??? .. wonder what poke is in regional dialect .. i bet one of you wont let me down .. lol]

oh.. i have another.. belladonna .. what a cool sounding name ... besides the fact that it is poisonous in every aspect ... and has cool looking berries that attract young children ..

oh.. and jacobs ladder.. the road to your salvation... on a plant that is extremely hard to grow [especially the variegated one.. as compared to the blue one].. and short lived.. and frustrated the heck out of most of us.. before we gave up on it ... lol ...

it has something to do with buying a 'name' ... what names have you bought repeatedly.. for no other reason than to watch them die over and over ... or take over your whole yard ...

ken

Comments (30)