SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilovemytrees

Rant! My lilacs are SO potbound I've got them soaking in our bath

ilovemytrees
9 years ago

Warning, I'm mad!

I was so excited to get the first Lilac out of it's pot, that is until I saw that it's 100%, rootbound!

I am so ticked off right now. I tried spraying it with the hose, for about an hour, in the shade, and got covered in water, sprayed in the face (don't ask!) and only made some small headway in the bottom of the plant. I figured the 2nd Lilac was the same way, and sure enough, it is.

I decided to soak them in the bathtub. I knew it would take forever to loosen up the dirt by merely using a hose. The dirt the roots are in is so rock hard, it's like cement!

I want to call the nursery so bad, but there is no point. They take no returns.. Period! Not even if you buy too many bags of mulch etc, they won't take it back. They say it is too difficult to do refunds. I know this only because when I was there buying mulch this morning, and didn't know how many bags I'd need, I asked if I could return any unopened bags if I bought too many and she said no.

Am I drowning my Lilacs? I don't know what else to do. Uuugh I am so mad! Why would this nursery be so irresponsible!

My husband now never wants to take a bath in that bathtub again. He's seriously grossed out by the plants being in there. It doesn't bother me at all. lol I promised him I would bleach every inch of it. Our cat has already tried to get into the bathroom, twice. He's dying to climb them.

This post was edited by ilovemytrees on Thu, May 29, 14 at 9:37

Comments (11)