SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piper101_gw

Good, very fragrant, climbing rose that has romantic look??

piper101
16 years ago

Hi everyone, I want to plant 2 climbing roses around my 2 patio cover posts (which are white). I'm looking for very fragrant, NON red or NON white rose, at least one that has that romantic, old world rose look to it with the open cup with a million petals if I am describing it correctly. I'm a scent hound, so fragrance is key for me or it won't get planted. I'm 5 miles from the beach, so fog or salty air isn't an issue. One bright or pretty pink, or a deep yellow or peach/apricot or lavender are the colors I'm thinking of. Or some multicolored one. I don't know enough about roses at this stage to know the different between the grandiflora, florabunda etc. so I'm no help there. They will get full sun all day. Tried and true with little problems would be great! I'm a sprayer so I'll deal with it, but pretty foliage without much diseases would be a huge bonus since previous owner of house has 19 bushes that I'm taking care of as I replace the ones I don't like. Thank you for your time and I really enjoy the knowledge everyone gives. = )

Comments (33)